Last Week 16–20
- Check out this list of Christmas movies to get your holidays rolling
2. I liked this video about Principal-Agent theory . Tells you how you would perform better if you take ownership or give share of ownership to others in your team
3. If you liked the previous video, you can check out Naval’s AMA thread to learn more on taking control and getting things done.
4. If you are interested to get an idea on what video games have done for the society , follow the two-parter StarTalk episodes
5. Will Wright is an influential video game designer . The list of games he created is amazing . This list includes SimCity, The Sims, SimAnt and Spores. The previously mentioned episodes have some of his amazing quotes on human and computer processing and the perfect game is the amalgamation of both — Computer providing the graphics , visuals and human mind projecting its imagination on the gameplay ( something like what Hitchcock does with his movies).
6. Never thought I heard this before, Ludology, is the study of games, the act of playing them, and the players and cultures surrounding them.
7. Loved the Indiana jones ( except the last one of course ) . My favorite is the third one in the series — “Indiana Jones and the last Crusade”. Both Harrison Ford and Sean Connery were amazing in the movie. Check out this link to see some of the ways the movie will remain timeless in the coming decades.
Of course, you can’t miss the theme before reading any further
10. “Tenet” was okay. The plot became too complicated for its own sake. Nolan has created a masterpiece in terms of visuals. Doing those stunts from characters in forward and reverse time flows ( inversion ) was a treat to watch. But like I said the movie became too complicated for its own sake.
11. Came across this amazing post to summarize things to do and of course things to avoid
12. Books to read
13. Learn a network packet’s journey in Linux
14. If you want a quick intro into all Linux components , go through this playlist
15. How to read others’ code ?
Follow this thread for some good pointers
16. Slides on how to read code